Cosmetic Dentistry Philadelphia, PA
As a well-versed expert in the field of Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. James Vito understands the importance of careful planning, artistic vision and individualized care. Since 1987, Dr. Vito has been successfully restoring smiles in the Philadelphia and Main Line region.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic Dentistry, also referred to as Aesthetic Dentistry, is dental work that restores and resurfaces the appearance of teeth through Cosmetic Bonding, Bleaching or Porcelain Veneers rather than fixing any structural or foundational problems. This includes the color, shape, size, appearance and shade of your teeth. For these and many other reasons, cosmetic dentistry has become a vital and important part of the dental profession.
Experience Your Best Smile with Cosmetic Dentistry!
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Aesthetic dentistry procedures can be performed to correct misshaped, discolored, chipped or missing teeth. They also can be used to change the overall shape of problematic teeth that are too long or short, have gaps or simply need to be reshaped. The types and costs of cosmetic dentistry vary, so consult with Dr. James Vito to see which procedure is right for you.
Below are a list of common cosmetic dentistry procedures that can address many aesthetic and appearance issues in adults and children:
- Bonding: Dental Bonding is a process whereby a tooth-colored composite is applied to the tooth, polished, and hardened for a natural looking alteration. The procedure requires just one appointment to repair minor flaws, cracked and chipped teeth, or areas of discoloration. Dental Bondings will usually last about 10 years and sometimes more.
- Cosmetic Contouring & Reshaping: Dental Contouring, also known as dental reshaping or enameloplasty, can fix minor flaws and imperfections in your teeth and smile. In less than an hour, your dentist will remove some of your tooth’s enamel to change its shape or color. There is generally no pain and no downtime from dental contouring. However, the only disadvantage is that enamel does not grow back, so the changes and alterations made through this process may be permanent.
- Veneers: Dental Veneers are a thin, porcelain material that cemented over the front of your teeth to correct any color or shape issues.
- Whitening: Teeth Whitening (or bleaching) is arguably the most common cosmetic dentistry procedure. It has consistently proven to be a safe, effective, and economical way for a brighter and more youthful smile. At Dr. James Vito’s dental office in Wayne, PA, we utilize an “at home” teeth whitening process using custom plastic molds for the upper and lower teeth. This procedure typically takes 14 to 21 days to complete, and most patients see dramatic changes after the first day.
Explore Other Dental Topics
- Symptoms of Periodontal Disease
- Advanced Dental Restorations
- Teeth In A Day for failing teeth
- IV Sedation services
- Invisible braces
- Dental Botox
- Routine Cleaning services
If you are interested in Cosmetic Dentistry in the Philadelphia and Main Line area, call the office of Dr. James Vito today (610) 971-2590.